Tuesday 9 June 2015

Setting the pace - Official CEP LRnR Half 3hr Pacer

It looks like Liverpool Rock n Roll will have another good year for women according to race director Rob Griffiths.  This is a comment he posted on facebook today.  I've been tracking the percentage of women in races, mostly in the North West, ever since I saw the stats at the the last Liverpool RnR.  You can read that article so far here but I'll be updating it in a week or so to add Liverpool and some other races into the league table.


Amazing Graffiti style tech top and Ultralight compression socks kindly donated by CEP

I'm looking forward to meeting some of the women and men who will be racing on Sunday as the 3 hour CEP pacer for the half.  We will certainly be easy to spot in the lovely kit that CEP gave us.  I need to do a review of all my compression socks soon because I've finally found some that I don't need to push down after five minutes.  They're actually the ultralight run socks  (Proves how Dopey crazy I am though cos my first thought was that it's great that they're red as they'll go with my Belle and Snow White outfits for Dopey).   I might do some blog updates whilst I'm actually pacing the race,  I've been practising my 13:44 minute miles and I'm pretty excited.  I'm sure I'll be getting a lot more nervous by Saturday night but I'll have my amazing 5k medal to distract me.  I think I'll need a whole blog just to discuss the bling I'm getting this weekend.  Good luck to everyone running if I don't see you before.

If you want to run with a pacer just look for us at the start wearing this lovely outfit.  There's a gallery of all the different pacers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment