Sunday 17 May 2015

Tour & Dopey Training

I was meant to do about 40 miles this week but I decided a 7 mile hill session wasn't a good an idea after seeing the elevation for Chester.  I decided to give parkrun a miss too because I thought it might impact of getting a sub 2 at Chester.  In the end i decided a sub 2 was too unrealistic and but the pace group I was running with decided to go for 2:02/2:03 which would give me a pb and a club standard so I thought it was best to rest on Saturday.  

It turned out to be the right move because it seriously took every thing I had (and the best pacer ever) to finish Chester in 2:02:30 but I've decided that I need to forget about getting fast times in races now and just go back to racing for training.  At the start of the year I had planned to not go for any pb's but then I kept getting them and got a little distracted.  I need to focus on getting the miles up again now though so it's back to racing to finish.  I hurt my quad so no running this week but next week it's back to the plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment