Tuesday 19 May 2015

Dopey Costume Planning

I'm managed to strain my right quad (probably on the merry hills of Chester) so I can't run for at least a week.  It's been one day and already I'm going a little crazy, I want to go run and i'm gutted I can't go to today's Walton 5 miler.  

Image owned by C Suarez
Usually when this happens I either buy new trainers, enter lots of races or both but I'm trying to resist.  Thankfully, my friend Ceci sent me something to distract me, a photo of my new sparkle skirt that she's made for me.   My nephew decided it would be great for me to dress up as Maleficent  for one of the Dopey, hence the black and purple  It will go great with my Maleficent Mickey ears (which are pretty heavy so I'm pretty sure that this is my 5K costume) and a black running vest.  I love sparkle skirts but they're so difficult to get in the UK.  Before I met Ceci I was getting them from Sparkle Athletic but the postage cost is quite high.  Ceci is coming to Liverpool Rock n Roll so if anyone is interested in getting their own skirts then I can put you in touch with her.  She can do a range of colours and sizes and she can bring them to Liverpool next month so no postage costs. She has an etsy shop too at https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Chilimargot if you want to have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment