Friday 24 April 2015

Take 5

I try to stop and enjoy the view at least once on all of my long runs.  It's usually somewhere new that I haven't seen before or a view that I haven't noticed but today it was a sight that I'd seen many times.  I love running in new places but there's something about the old routes that are so nice and comfy, like a fluffy onsie on a cold evening. Today i re-ran my first ten mile route that I used to do a lot when I was building up to my first half marathon last year.  When I first started running I tried to do a 6 mile run with Warrington Road Runners, it was my first time running with others, but I was too slow so I ended up going to the old Victoria Park Sunday social run (mostly because it was just outside my house) with Tony and Lisa.  The first route we did went up Red Lane and over the Canterlever, both of which defeated me on that first run (Lisa was so patient with me). I added both of them to my 10 mile route because I was determined to beat them.  Now, every time I run up them hills it serves as a good reminder of where I used to be and how far I've come.  So whilst today's shoe selfie might not be in the most prettiest location in the world it's a sight I've come to love because it represents everything I thought was impossible 18 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment