Friday 6 March 2015

Shoe Selfies, I'm starting a new trend

I saw this picture on the facebook page for Runner's World last week. I really love the sentiment behind it and decided that I don't do that enough.  I've been trying to do my long runs on Fridays which are a bit of a pain because I like to stay where there are pavements and people.  I won't run on roads unless there are a number of people and even then I still hate it.  I'd much rather have a clear boundary between where I run and where cars can drive.  

I've noticed before that there are quite a few parks in Warrington.  I've been to a couple but most I've just ran past the entrance if that and I've never actually been in. So I decided to see if I could do a long run using as many Warrington paths and parks as possible and I have to say that some areas are so pretty that I can't believe that I never know they were there.  


I've done a few variations so far, the fist was 15 miles then 20 and today I'm doing a 10 mile version (because I'm not supposed to go over 40 miles this week).  It is muddy (my pretty new Mizuno wave Inspire 11's got a baptism of fire last week) with lots of uneven ground which I do generally hate but it's probably good for me to be running on different surfaces because you work different muscles and there's less impact than running purely on roads.  The thing I do like though is that you get a completely different perspective and see things you've never seen before (once you get past the evil swans).  I don't do selfies, pretty much because I look seriously terrible in them, so I'm going to start a new trend.  Shoe selfies, once a week from somewhere new on my travels that makes me look at the world differently.




No comments:

Post a Comment