Monday 2 March 2015

Exciting news from Liverpool RnR

As I'm a CEP pacer for the Liverpool RnR I was invited to an official press conference to announce some exciting news. I had pretty strong suspicions based upon what the race organiser Rob had hinted at on RDB a while back and when I got the invite saying the press conference was to announce a 'race weekend' I have to admit I got pretty giddy. 
We were greeting by a lovely lady singing really well and a mass table of drinks and cookies. Love cookies. 



So basically Liverpool RnR is turning it's race day into a weekend. It will kick off with a Running and Endurance expo on the  12 & 13 June with race number pick. A 5k race will take place on Saturday the 12th too with a remix challange. Rob says the 5k is flat and fast, with a tshirt and medal. It opens today for £12. I'll be entering shortly. The half and full will be the next day. There's also going to be a 1 mile fun run, those who did Dublin last year will see the extra medal opportunity here. There's also a festival weekender with free to enter concerts and pasta parties, etc.   
A bit of gossip for us pacers, we're going to get some CEP compression socks and a t-shirt for our pacing duties that we can keep. 

For the cynics who say "I don't do corporate races" I learnt today that the Rock n Roll series has made I've £180 million for charty since 1998. Liverpool itself got 28% of first time half and full marathon runners last year and is the only race events I know of that get almost as many women as men.  

So, what does this mean for medals. My quick tally suggests you can earn up to to six medals for taking part in the Liverpool RnR weekend but I'll give a full break down later. 

George Melichar talked to us on Skype. He's crazy, I love him. 

P.S. I forgot to mention that there will be a change to the route to include Penny Lane (Not sure if it's the full, half or both) and there will be 40+ bands on the route this year.

For more information or to register for any of the four races go to http://uk.competitor.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment